At this site, in the early 1840's, Major Edward Mulford erected a two-story frame house. The second home to be built in Evanston. Major Mulford was Grosse Point's (Later Evanston) first permanent settler and first justice of the peace.
In 1963, Dunbar Builders Corporation razed the original Mulford House and built the first condominium in Evanston.
Erected by the Evanston Historical Society, March 31, 1964.
For a glimpse of the old Mulford House, his biography, and how Oakton street got its name check out this site.
Please continue reading for more pictures